BASCA is an equal opportunity employer where we believe your talents can be put to good use. Below you will find many opportunities where you can make a difference in the lives of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Northeast Florida.
Group Home Support Staff
$10.50 an hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Full Job Description
BASCA's mission is to improve the quality of life for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Northeast Florida.
We are currently seeking direct support staff to provide care to adults with developmental disabilities in a group home setting. Direct support staff help individuals engage in their communities, assist with the development of social relationships, provide support with activities of daily living and personal care skills. Direct support staff teach, guide, and offer support as needed in all other aspects of daily living, such as shopping, doing laundry, cooking, and planning menus.
Full and Part-time available. No overnights. Must work at least 2 weekends per month.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Applicants must have at least one year of experience in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or childcare setting or at least one year working with persons with a developmental disability. - OR- Successfully completed college, vocational, or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or 720 classroom hours in special education, mental health, counseling, guidance, social work, or health and rehabilitative services can substitute for the required experience.
- A valid driver's license with an excellent driving record
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Pass local and state background checks
- Completion of free APD training online (we will provide instructions)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10-hour shift
- 12-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom. Once hired, employees are required to wear masks in the group homes.
Apply on Indeed at:
or complete our Online Application.
How To Apply For Open Positions At BASCA, Inc.
Apply at the BASCA Headquarters Office
352 Stowe Ave, Orange Park FL 32073
Monday - Friday 9 am - 4pm.