BASCA's New Campus
Capital Campaign… Building for Our Future
In January 2015 we began a Capital Campaign to purchase and renovate a new – to – us building that will bring us all together in one location.
As we continue to strive toward the goals of our mission, we have been confronted by a desperate need that has outgrown our available space. The four empty buildings located on the corners of Stowe Ave. and Smith St. are an answer to our prayers. This location will allow us to expand our capacity to further meet the needs of the families in our region. We will also be able to bring economic prosperity to Clay County by offering our staff as well as the disabled – meaningful employment. As we fight to secure the futures of the sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, and friends affected by developmental disabilities, we ask your help in securing the future of BASCA.
What this building will do for community –
- Expand our Custom Creations workshop to accommodate 40 – 60 workers at a time.
- Provide meeting space where parents can share ideas and support each other.
- Provide space to increase our case management staff in order to better serve our families.
- Create an inviting space for our clients to meet with their friends.
- Expand our workout space to encourage our clients to remain healthy.
- Expand our educational center to encourage our clients to learn computer skills.
- Provide training space for our employees as well as individuals from the community to learn CPR/First Aid, Mandt training, and other medical issues relating to our population.
- Furnish a meeting facility for our ladies auxiliary and other fundraising committees.
- Equip a space for product display of items participants build.
- Create a capability for partnering with other community organizations to offer a continuum of services.
- Offer office space to smaller nonprofits to provide much-needed services to our community as well as create additional revenue for BASCA.
To donate specifically to the New Campus Click Here
NOTE: 2% of each gift will be placed in a capital reserve fund for building repairs and improvements.
To donate in honor of someone by naming a room, assist in purchasing items
for the New Campus or to tour the facility please contact the Development Department at 904-541-1742.